Saturday, February 27, 2016

SAAF Museum Air Force Base Ysterplaat, Cape Town.

I had a good day this morning, my mission, seeing Pelican 22 doing her engine runs. She's looked after by the SAAF Museum, who look after the museums static displays.

Since I was at the base I had the opportunity to look through the museum and the hangar. At the entrance to the museum there are a small collection of firearms. There are some artifacts from different eras of the SAAF with uniforms, models and some WWII trophies.

In the workshop next to the museum there is a Vampire and Ventura on display along with a Rolls Royce Griffon cutaway engine. Per my previous post there's a host of aircraft stuffed into the hangar with the Shackleton.

Here are some pictures of the aircraft on display.
































No comments:

Post a Comment