Sunday, July 13, 2014

Shuttle's Report - Duxford Flying Legends Airshow 2014.


After driving through a severe downpour on the A21/M25 I arrived at Duxford expecting the worst. However, apart from a couple of short, but heavy, showers the weather gods were again smiling. A chance encounter with Kev and Von H lead to my only diecast purchase, the lovely little RAF Puss Moth for £25. 

Von H also tipped me off about the Eric Brown book signing so that was my next stop. What a 'legend' ('Winkle' Brown, not Von H...!) and both he and Andy Saunders signed the book (Arrival of Eagles). We also spotted Zed in one of the stands and had a good chat. The 11am forum meeting was Kev, Von H and Myself and then it was off to get ready for the show.

Several aircraft couldn't make it (the Ju-52's, P-38, Seafire and several DC-3's) which was a bit annoying but I just wanted to see three of the 'acts' - the Connie, the 4 x Mk I Spitfires and the B-25. I was not disappointed. As usual, some great flying in windy conditions. The Peashooter and one of the Gladiators couldn't fly due to the conditions but the other aircraft put on some spirited displays. Well done to all the pilots.

So another entertaining 'Legends'. Despite the weather I enjoyed the show and just seeing those Spitfires has made me very happy.

 Shuttle




























For more photos follow the link:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dora-9-Diecast/117765251636451

No comments:

Post a Comment