Friday, October 17, 2014

Pre-production review Corgi AA36709 Junkers Ju88 A-4 1./KG77.

kevjb64 on DAF has been in possession of a pre-production model of the Corgi Junkers Ju88 A-4 1./KG77. for evaluation and comment. He has been allowed share these pictures and insights by Corgi. I have not included his research photos of actual aircraft in this post.

Corgi gave the ok to post some pictures of the PP.

Overall I am reasonably happy with the upper surface , possibly minor shade tweaks to the sand.  


I am happier in some places than others, along the fuselage with the cross and forwards I think it is very good but I think it widens out too much behind and on the tail and needs to be infilled by 10 % (ish) more grey. There are no direct pics of the top of the plane. Do not forget these pics are super sized on a digital cannon, joint lines do not look anything like that to the Mk.I and the cammo tends to look better from not so up close, you can see the general pattern more.  


I have absolutely no idea what that is meant to be poking out of the front, a machine gun has been specified.  


The resin PP had two small hard points with the torpedo on the outer one which was totally wrong. It was successfully changed to the larger attachment but was still in the wrong position.


So I sent a couple of pics to show where they should be, which is closer into the fuselage and more forward, I also snapped them off and placed them where they should be, in doing so ruining the 'mint' status of my PP .   


The wing crosses were somewhat further out to allow for the hard points for the rocket boosters and the dive brakes need to be added. The upper and lower dab/meander cammo joins very well at the demarc line.


IMPO though this plane has had a makeover and it is less uniform than the norm with more intricate squiggles and circles within the meander. No idea if that can be done but I have made my thoughts clear and isolated a couple of parts of the plane to highlight it (one wing and one engine nacelle). So we wait. 

http://forums.diecast-aviation.eu/showthread.php?t=22566



No comments:

Post a Comment