Friday, April 11, 2014

DH Mosquito nears completion in Canada.

I received an email from my mate Jack out in Canada that contained two interesting photos of a DH Mosquito being restored at Victoria Air Maintenance Ltd. in North Saanich, near Victoria, British Columbia. The aircraft was being fueled prior to its first engine run-ups.

There is a Mosquito being rebuilt at my local airport, just up the road from me. It has been a work in progress for quite some time now, but a buddy from work just sent me this. :)  He used to work at the airport, and has a bit of an inside scoop on what is happening.

I have known about this project for a while now, but it is very low key. Not really advertised at all, but very cool and looks like she is almost done.  The airport is "international" but not huge, and about 15 miles north of me. I pass it everyday going to work.



























http://www.warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-news/victoria-air-maintenances-mosquito-ready-fly.html
http://www.warbirdsnews.com/warbird-restorations/airworthy-de-havilland-mosquito-restoration-approaches-completion-canada.html

No comments:

Post a Comment