Saturday, March 15, 2014

Corgi AA39704 RAF Hawker Hurricane IIc, F/L Jimmy Whalen DFC, SEAC 1944.

Shuttle landed this model earlier in the week and shared a few of his insights. Interestingly I believe this may be the first Corgi Hurricane that comes armed with bombs. 

Mine arrived today and here are some very poor Galaxy S4 photo's (not at home at present).

The model looks fine, the only issues I can see are:

1: No pitot (a generic problem with this tool)

2: A tiny glue mark on the lower wing (which will be easy to remove once I get home)

3: The exhausts are different to the 'BBMF' version (but correct for the real aircraft (I think)?

The small roundels were an initial shock but are correct.

It looks like it matches the real machine quite well and the colours seem OK. I hope this is is a good indicator that the other models under the old new regime will be as good......

9/10

 Shuttle















Here are some better pictures along with some of my Corgi Hurricanes......

 Shuttle















No comments:

Post a Comment