Friday, July 5, 2013

Corgi Merlin engined Wellington pre-pro.

Shuttle on DAF has posted photos of the upcoming Corgi Wellington Mk.II AA34806 along with some comments.

I have received the pre-pro for the new Merlin engined Wellington. Overall it looks very good though the following has been noted:

1: My sample hasn't the rudder horn balances but I notice that the Corgi sample has (I was sent pictures). These must be fitted on the production model.

2: I also notice that the aerial array under the fuselage isn't on the model but appears in some profiles and pictures of the same mark so I think it was fitted to the actual aircraft?

3: I have asked if the production model can be 'tightened up'? I notice that some of the gaps are quite large.

4: The camo is wrong by the engines, it doesn't match where the engines have been attached.

I have fed this back to Corgi who have promised that these issues will be addressed with the factory. The overall colour is very good and what I would expect to see on a Bomber Command Wellington.

Here are some pictures so if any more issues are spotted please let me know so I can pass them on. However, there is a quick turn around for this model as it is due for release in October.

 Shuttle











No comments:

Post a Comment