Monday, September 10, 2012

Shuttle's Report - Duxford Air Show 8 & 9 September 2012.

It's been a while since we've had a report from Shuttle but he was at the Duxford Air Show over the weekend and had some pics and insights to share:

Here are some of my photographs, a bit of a challenge with the strong sun. How I envy those 400mm lenses as well.


I thought the show was great and there was enough variation to keep it fresh. The Vulcan, GR4's, F-15C's and those fantastic WWI aircraft were highlights but I can never grow tired of Miss Velma, Sally B and SNAFU.

The forum meeting was Kev, Martin Bull and Simonfoto's but we had a great chat but the lack of decent diecast was high on the agenda.....

My only purchase was the Oxford Rapide but what a great model and only £30. I met Lev on the Corgi stand and I got the impression that they were turning a corner with factory issues sorted out and talk of future plans. The sight of the production 1/24 Mosquito was very welcome and whilst I was there it must have had about 5 - 6 questions about 'where and when'.

 Shuttle

PS The forum referred to is DAF, The Diecast Aviation Web Site and Forum. 




























Shuttle was also able to bag a couple of shots from the Corgi stand.

The Mosquito is the PRODUCTION version and does look very good. The was also a black Tornado F.3 on display which was getting some admiring glances.

 Shuttle




No comments:

Post a Comment