Thursday, May 10, 2012

Corgi AA36102, Catalina Snafu Snatchers.

After recently supplying a local collector with the Corgi McCain Catalina flying boat, I happened across the 2nd release Snafu Snatchers. Being curious as to why our American friends seem to highly regard this model I bought it.


Opening the box I must admit to feeling a little disappointed. It didn't wow me quite like the three Catalinas in my personal collection. I have the Pembroke Dock, Sullom Voe with rescue diorama and the Black Cat, I would rate them in that order in terms of my preferences.


Comparing the model with the McCain Catalina just highlighted how good the Corgi Catalina is. The movable wingtip floats is a very good good working feature. Both models are attractive in their own right and have differing features that make them a very nice duo.


The Snafu Snatchers has a great history and is reason enough for many to have this model. It is the only Corgi Catalina with nose art and nice detailing on the wings. The McCain initially appears dull but the stenciling on the props and de-icing boots set it apart. The nation insignia is also different.


Overall, Snafu Snatchers is a very appealing and attractive model that like all the Corgi Catalinas would be a welcome addition to any collection. In fact the owner of the McCain Catalina has already made an offer for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment