Wednesday, March 21, 2012

On the Collector's Front.

Yesterday I collected some packages at the post office I wasn't expecting. Much to my surprise they contained the 1/200 scale Boeing 747 SP in SAA colours. I'd pre-ordered the Inflight200 South African Airways Boeing 747SP in December 2010 and all subsequent enquiries yielded nothing other than the model was delayed and should be available soon.


I pleased that I can say that the model has been well worth the wait. My initial impression it that it is surprisingly small compared to the SAA Boeing 747-300, Ndizani, I have to hand.  


This model is a very welcome addition to the 1/200 SAA orange tail collector. Its compact dimensions really illustrate just how much the Boeing 747 has grown. For those of us that missed the first Inflight200 SAA orange tail Boeing 747-200, ZS-SAM, this model offers a great alternative.


No comments:

Post a Comment